Our New York and New Jersey attorneys are experienced in employment law issues. Since 1970, we have defended claims against employers in cases involving:
- Age discrimination
- Sexual harassment and discrimination
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Violations of Title VII
- Employment benefit litigation under ERISA
- State and local employment laws
- Negligent hiring and retention claims
Our attorneys have appeared before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the New York State Division of Human Rights, and they have litigated in state and federal courts.
As an example of our work in employment law, in Leucadia, Inc. v. Reliance Ins. Co., 864 F.2d 964 (2d Cir. 1988), we established in a case of fidelity bond coverage that the plaintiff was required to prove alleged dishonest or fraudulent acts of its employee within the terms of the fidelity bond by clear and convincing evidence.